Pass man arrested after allegedly stealing truck batteries | Crime
Authorities said Kenneth V. Pierce, 40, of Pass Christian was arrested after allegedly stealing truck batteries from trucks located at the 9000 block of Canal Road in Gulfport Tuesday.
Harrison County Sheriff Melvin Brisolara said a truck driver called deputies after noticing the suspect removing the battery cover and the truck batteries from his truck.
After searching the area, deputies found Pierce and a woman by the name of Lauren Webster, 40, sitting in a vehicle at a parking lot. While deputies spoke to Pierce, another person approached deputies and said his batteries and battery cover were also missing.
Brisolara said Pierce was carrying red and black battery cables in his vehicle. Deputies also reportedly spotted two truck batteries and a car battery in Pierce's back seat.
Pierce was charged with grand larceny and taken to the Harrison County Sheriff's Department.
Webster, who had outstanding misdemeanor warrants from the City of Pass Christian, was arrested and taken to jail.
Judge Brandon Ladner set Pierces' bond at $20,000.
Top Pass Christian Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Arts Under the Oaks brings unique items to Long Beach
- Harrison County Sheriff's Office Blood Drive is May 23
- Long Beach School District school nutrition program continues to improve equipment through grants
- How much do Mississippi's public college presidents make?
- Long Beach coffee business brewing up expansion plans